JS South Africa
WHO ARE WE?
Jonker Sailplanes Pty Ltd. (JS) is a privately owned, South African company that designs, manufactures, and maintains sailplanes from their main facility based at the Potchefstroom Airfield. It was originally a small team of three engineers and three technicians who combined their knowledge to produce a sailplane that would win competitions and fly beautifully. These six were the beginning of the original JS1 success story. Ten years later there are 16 qualified engineers and more than 110 employees working in the Jonker Sailplanes factory in South Africa. With M&D Flugzeugbau in Germany now further strengthening the team, the company has become a force to be reckoned with!
Uys and Attie Jonker, together with Johan Bosman, designed their dream of a high-tech racer. Their vision was to design and manufacture the best sailplanes in the world.
The vision of JS is to produce and sell the most sought after sailplanes in the world, by
- Designing the best product in the world (product leaders)
- Establish and maintaining processes supporting the “Zero Defect” concept
- Ensuring our people are competent and engaged
- Providing an outstanding customer experience
- Pricing our products to ensure “Value for money”
- Establishing the JS brand internationally